Carving out an investment portfolio is one of the most difficult things a new investor can do. Even to an intermediate investor who thinks they have it all figured out, making in-game adjustments can be even harder.
Our portfolios are constructed so you, the investor, can easily view and track results. The portfolios are updated daily, and yearly results are posted on each individual portfolios page. Whenever there is a sale or purchase of a stock within a portfolio, our members will be alerted 1 week prior to executing the transaction.
In our opinion, before an investment portfolio can be constructed, two key factors need to be taken into consideration. The age of the investor, and the risk tolerance of the investor. This is why we have constructed our portfolios here at Stocktrades.ca to address both of these variables. Our 9 portfolios are split into 3 age groups, and then constructed by overall risk tolerance.
Easily view holdings and current portfolio results
A wide range of functionality, allowing you to explore the portfolio in depth
We had one goal with our portfolios when we set out to make them, and that is functionality. Easily view how certain stocks are performing, or the portfolio as a whole. With our interactive portfolio dashboard, you have the ability to look at the following:
- Current charts on holdings in the portfolio.
- Current news on holdings in the portfolio.
- The complete sector allocation of the portfolio.
- Year To Date and 3/5 Yr returns on the portfolio.
- Detailed descriptions of the holdings and why they were purchased.
- The goals of the portfolio and who the portfolio is right for.
- Easy access to stock reports from the holdings within the portfolio.
- Recent transactions made within the portfolio.
Our portfolios have been constructed to appeal to a variety of investors with a wide range of risk tolerances. Whether you’d like to use the portfolios as a guideline in constructing your own, or completely copying our construction, the decision is up to you.